The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Saved By Jack Bauer

Thanks to Jack Bauer and three episodes of "24" tonight I was able to get through 1 1/2 inches of leg, a heel flap and get the heel turned on sock #2.

The Sock We're All Sick Of Seeing

Don't you just love turning the heel? I love turning the heel. I wish someone would design a scarf with random heels placed all over it. It might be a bit lumpy but it sure would be fun to knit. Sock #2 is coming out much better than Sock #1 did. My ribbing is a lot tighter and my DPN's don't flop around nearly as much as they did before. And my two little edges for picking up the stitches for the gusset are both the same! What a concept.

You know what else I wish someone would invent? Besides a scarf covered in heels. A voice activated row counter. Something you could put on your table near where you knit and at the end of each row you'd just scream "DONE" or "FINISHED" and it would say, "Thank you Knitting Goddess, you have completed row 1,932." How complicated could it be to design something like that? They can put a man on the Moon but there's no such thing as a voice activated row counter? Where are our priorities? Of course, you'd have to leave your row counter at home whenever you went to a Stitch 'N Bitch. There's a recipe for disaster if I've ever heard one. Oh, I just thought of something else. The row counter would need to be of sufficient weight so that it wouldn't be knocked over by crazed cats doing laps in your apartment.

Ralphie

This is a picture for trek's little Neatnik who went to the aquarium yesterday. She saw all kinds of interesting fish and since Ralphie is utterly fascinating ... OK, that might be a bit of a stretch .. Since Ralphie is a fish as well I thought I'd post a picture for the Neatnik.

And last but by all means, not least ... A few days back when I posted my 100th post and was exclaiming about all the wonderful people I'd met since I started my blog I forgot someone. Well I probably forgot a lot of people but this person in particular should not have been missed. Well if you come right down to it, nobody should be missed. This could go on for days. Anyways, I forgot to mention *** MY OTHER SECRET PAL ***. Am I an idiot or what? Yeah, no more prezzies for YOU little Miss April.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Neatnik says Ralphie is pretty and wants to know if he is looking for something to eat!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    April, several years ago, when I went to work in the private sector, I had a beta that lived on my desk. His name was Shrimp.

    One day, when I came back from work, I found Shrimp laying *on* the desk. His bowl was under a lamp, so he was laying directly under the lamp.

    I was very sad for Shrimp, and was going to pick him up to give him a burial in the toilet, but he started to flop around! So, I scooped him up quickly and tossed him back into his bowl.

    I do not know how Shrimp managed to jump out of his bowl and land on the desk.

    But, the story has a good ending. Shrimp swam sideways for about a week, but after that, he was normal, and lived a good, happy 2 years after that incident.

    Renee

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww... I think you have the excuse that you didn't really 'meet' me yet, since I am Anonymous.. ;-) No worries, more prezzies are Already Waiting to be Wrapped. So there!

    I'm not sick of seeing the sock yet. But I'm trying to figure out what kind of creature would wear something made out of sock heel turns. Maybe a camel... or a really excited inchworm...

    -Yer OSP!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home