The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Ladybug, Ladybug, Fly Away Home

Or better yet, fly into my mailbox!

This is the "Ladybug" colorway from Opal's Rainforest Collection. I adore ladybugs so when I saw this online I knew I needed to add it to the sock stash. I have to admit that when I opened the envelope today I was a bit disappointed. I mean, it really doesn't look like much does it? But apparently, through the magic of knitting, it will soon look like this.

I like it. A lot. In fact, I like all the colors in the Rainforest Collection. Well maybe not the Parrot. But definitely all the other ones. I've never knit with Opal but it feels nice so hopefully this will be a success. At least enough of a success to justify buying another ball in a different colorway.

We haven't seen the Irish Hiking Scarf lately. It saw quite a bit of action this weekend and is coming along nicely.

This Louisa Harding yarn really is fantastic, I can't say enough good things about it. Plus it comes in 20, count 'em 20, different colors. You could knit an entire wardrobe using it. I just might.

That's all I think I have to report for today. Although if someone could please explain to me how I incurred $24.00 in late fees at Bradley Video, I'd really appreciate it.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I have a few Opals but haven't knit them yat...sigh...so little time...

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    April, the other day I was walking to work, and a ladybug landed on my shirt. I don't know if it was a lady or guy ladybug, but it was pretty. It hung out for a while on my shirt, then took off.

    As for your video late fees, sounds like you should join Netflix.

    BTW, I'm not traveling this summer, or I'd be in SF in a heartbeat! I'm moving at the end of August, since I hate where I live (not sure where I'm going yet, may not even be within the same state), and there goes all my available cash.

    Sammy says a big hello to his pal Andy.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pretty! I am starting to warm up to the Opal I'm knitting with, I really like the "bounce" of the base yarn.

    I second Netflix! :)

     
  • At 10:06 AM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I'll explain your measly Bradley Video fees if you can explain the $65 I had at one point with Hollywood Video. I don't think the movies even cost that much themselves... I second the Netflix nomination.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Blogger Craft Kitten said…

    Just hope Bradley doesnt send you to collections like Blockbuster did to me for a late fee I should not have incurred that ended up being 50$ for 1 video game.
    Are you coming to crochet meetup this week? You could walk away with some more fabulous free yarn...

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love that Ladybug colorway too. I forget whose blog I saw it on first, but it definitely is worth knitting up. Like trek, I haven't tried my Opals yet either.. You'll have to keep me posted!

    The Irish Hiking Scarf is shaping up nicely...

    -Yer Admirin' Secret Pal

     

Post a Comment

<< Home