The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

She's Outta Control

No, not me. My secret pal !

Crystal Palace bamboo double pointed needles. In sizes US 2 and 3. You know what I think? I think my secret pal is Bill Gates. In fact, I'm quite sure of it. I mean, I was totally unaware that Bill knitted but what other reasonable explanation can there be for this amazing influx of gifts? It's like my birthday every day of the week. After all the craptastic things that have happened this year this is a most welcome blessing. Now all I have to do is figure out who it is so I can repay some of this generosity.

THANK YOU SECRET PAL !!!

Two beautiful sock bags were also in my mail today. Isn't this cow bag great? And I think the lining is perfect. This is, of course, a trek sock bag. I can't show you the other bag because it's for my secret pal and the knitting blog world is a small community. But seriously peeps, if you don't own a trek sock bag you really need to. These are OODLES better than those Lantern Moon silk sock bags. I know, I own one. We're talking a quality product here. These babies are built to last. And all you have to do is set up a swap with trek. Does it get any easier? I think not.

One ball at a time, that's how we build our sock yarn stash. Lana Grossa's Meilenweit "Fun & Stripes." I like this colorway a lot. I'm going to use it to make the Knit Picks "Mock Croc Socks." It's a free pattern, you should go download one. I'd link the pattern but it appears as though the Knit Picks site has blown up. What in the world does "There has been an overflow or underflow in GC pressure memory," mean? Sounds like too many knitters buying too much yarn. Funny, usually little Cindy Lou has gone to bed by now. Ha!

How friggin' hot was it in California today?

100 sweltering degrees.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh, what a great SP! :)

    And I love trek's bags too... its so nice to have everything all together in one place, nice and neat. (I'm knitting out of one right now!) :)

     
  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger April said…

    aija,

    trek's bags are the BEST. i want every single one of them. and then i could go buy yarn to put in every single one of them.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger April said…

    boo,

    pfft, this blog is the most boring blog on the 'net. just wait until you see next week's photo montage of paint drying. it's stunning.

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOVE the pic of the cat in the fridge. I know how he/she feels. I've been stuck in a small room for a 'retreat' at work today and I think my body temperature is up about 10 sticky degrees, ugh! Heh.

    -- Yer Pal, who is beginning to think she really IS Bill Gates. At least, she seems to have to attend as many meetings as if she were.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger April said…

    secret pal,

    poor andy, he's just *so* hot. he just turned one so this is his first experience with heat. last year doesn't count because he was a kitten and we all know how oblivious kittens are.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home