The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

No Longer Besotted

Finished.

"Besotted" Scarf

Stitch Detail

She's done and I'm happy. This yarn is a definite must buy again. It may look like wool but it's actually a cotton/nylon blend which makes it a perfect scarf yarn for a mild California winter (in my humble opinion). And I think my lamp is doing a lovely job modelling. I'll need to remember that if and when the Irish Hiking Scarf ever gets done.

So now it's time to try and create this ...

I'm using Lorna's Laces Shetland Sock in "Berry." With my new palmwood needles. I adore palmwood needles. I thought bamboo were the bomb. Ha. They've got nothing on palmwood. I guess that's why palmwood are like three times the price. But they're sooooo smooth. And they have nice sharp pointy ends for doing all those k2tog. And they feel like *real* wood, as opposed to bamboo which sometimes feels like plastic. Or maybe I'm becoming a needle snob. This particular pattern is dead easy compared to Branching Out since the only lacey part is for the hearts, the rest is simple garter stitch. Of course the pattern is also 400 rows but that's 400 rows of mostly garter stitch. Work with me here.

Andy says ...

"Give me a ball of yarn, Human."

7 Comments:

  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I was thinking Andy's saying, "Leave me alone and the yarn doesn't get hurt."

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    April, Andy is the bomb (and Sam says hi)! I love the scarf. Perhaps you should get your lampshade an agent?

    Renee

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The scarf is gorgeoumundus. I'm impressed by how well the cabling shows up in this yarn -- going to have to check it out!

    And, ya know, MEOW, Andy!

    -- Yer Secret Pal
    who still cannot get email to you
    but who loves ya anyway!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger April said…

    trek,

    andy is the world's biggest attention hog, he NEVER wants to be left alone. especially if i'm knitting, then he REALLY needs attention.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger April said…

    renee,

    good idea about the agent! hope sam is doing better, i'll be sending some java drops and maybe another new mousie next week. :)

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger April said…

    hi secret pal!

    thanks for the kind words about besotted, she's very squishy. you can e-mail me at sakkasie@hotmail.com if you can't get me at the other addy.

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to say that I have fallen in love with Clover Bamboo circulars and bought sizes 3-13. I never thought I would like bamboo soooo much!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home