The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

She's Branching Out

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am tenacious, if nothing else. After many failed attempts at our meeting on Thursday night to get Branching Out up and running I came home, sat down on the couch and refused to go to bed until I'd conquered the pattern. Since it's not finished YET I won't say I've conquered it but I think we've come to a truce. Here she is, 15 repeats out of 27 done, pinned to my mattress. She's definitly going to need to be blocked, which is something I've never done before. I'm using Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool which is 65% wool and 35% silk, DK weight. And only $6.95 per skein at Commuknity. The pattern calls for one skein of yarn so this is definitely a good deal scarf. Although it looks black in my picture this is actually the color I'm using ...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A very rich teal that has a bit of a tweedy look to it. I love this yarn and will probably make a few other items out of it. It doesn't split, and stands up well to repeated ripping out and re-knitting. I wouldn't call it soft, but it's not scratchy at all. Just ... tweedy.

We have a new addition to the household in the form of another mouse. I wasn't going to get a new friend for Lily as she's getting old (mice only live 1 - 2 years). If you have two mice they should be relatively close in age. At least that's what I read on the internets. But I was worried she'd be lonely without Daisy. So yesterday I went off to PetsMart and bought "Fleur." She's black and white and reminds me of a badger. Here's a helpful tip for all you potential mouse purchasers out there - Do not attempt to transfer a wild mouse from a box to a cage with a cat nearby. Call me naive, but I was not aware that mice can jump. Especially Fleur, who jumps like she's playing for the Los Angeles Lakers. I don't think I've ever seen Andy's eyes quite so big. We'll have pics of Fleur as soon as she settles in.

In the meantime, Wilma says,

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Shhh ... I'm hiding from Andy."

1 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful, April! So exciting... maybe I should try the scarf again then. Hmm....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home