The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Wanted: Pattern Reader

I started working on the Branching Out scarf this evening and have come to this conclusion. Lace patterns would be a lot easier if you had someone sitting beside you reading the pattern to you while you knitted. Then you wouldn't miss four yarn overs on row 7 and have to rip the whole thing out. It would also go a lot faster. Work three stitches, pick up pattern, work three stitches, pick up pattern - do people really enjoy this lace stuff? But I'm sure that once I get to row 8,739 I'll have the pattern memorized. Thank goodness it's only 31 stitches across (when done correctly) or this may become my life's work. Actually it won't be anything until I get a different yarn. I thought to use my ugly Rowan 4-ply but it's far too sporty looking to be used for a lace scarf. The pattern uses "Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool" which I've never heard of but which I am now on the hunt for.

Not so great cookies

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here's another addition to the Sharkey's collection. I think this is a size "K" and it's made of Corian, that countertop stuff that people with nice houses have. I really like these Corian hooks, I wonder if they make knitting needles out of them ...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Lily says, "Where's Daisy gone?"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pet peeve of the day - Yarn stores that insist on putting their price tags over the yardage measurement on the ball band. I'd *really* like all of you to stop that. Or at least use price tags with less glue. It's damn hard to get those things off sometimes.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:18 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Agreeing with your peeve.
    And your want ad.
    The cookies look delicious.
    Poor Lily. :o(

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh April, where are your friends when you need them. But, seriously, if this is the first lace pattern you have ever done you will find that they all have some similarities in the quirkiness of the patterns. I bet that you will get the rythm sooner than you think. I willhelp where I can when I next see you!

    Cindy
    P.S. I bet Lily needs extra petting right now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home