The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Other Secret Pal Questionnaire

I've signed up for Yvonne's "Other Secret Pal Swap" and therefore need to answer questions, questions, questions. This is my first Secret Pal swap so to say I'm excited is putting it mildly.

1. My favorite yarn to knit with is: Misti Alpaca

2. I really do not enjoy knitting with: Red Heart

3. If I had a choice, I would banish this yarn from my LYS: eyelash yarn

4. If I could knit only one more project for the rest of my life, it would be: the world's most complex Aran sweater

5. My favorite flower is: gerbera daisies


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6. My current color obsession is: blue

7. My other interests are: reading, baking, horses

8. Something I wish I knew more about is: why popsicles and fudgsicles are called "ice cream novelties"

9. A knitting technique I want to learn is: Fair Isle

10. My favorite needles to knit with are: made from palmwood

11. Do you knit socks? Sock School starts June 10th!

12. Please provide your foot measurements*:
length (longest toe to heel): 9"
instep circumference: 9 1/2"
ankle circumference: 10"

13. What was your favorite childhood movie? Mary Poppins


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

14. What is one thing in your knitting bag that you can't live without? my tape measure

15. What is lacking in your notions bag that you really, really want? (Cable needle, Kacha Kacha, Chibi, etc.) I could use another Kacha Kacha

16. What is currently on the needles at your house? Besotted Scarf, Branching Out Scarf

17. If you could do nothing but knit all day, every day, for the next month (and get paid for it!), what would you knit? baby sweaters

18. Least favorite color(s): olive green

19. Favorite genre of music? Or any way you want to answer that question...basically it's the what kind of music do you like question. U2, Sarah McLachlan, Bruce Springsteen, Enya, Clannad

20. Favorite candy or sweet: Gummi Bears

21. What is the most challenging thing you have ever knit? An intarsia sweater with 12 different colors per row. In mohair.

22. How long have you been knitting? 20+ years



In some rather annoying news, I have been ORDERED by my physiotherapist to *limit* my knitting time to 10 - 15 minutes a DAY. Is he insane? Back spasms be damned, I need to knit.

Oh and I suppose I should have mentioned in yesterday's post that the Irish Hiking Scarf is for a friend of the male gender. Not me. Feel free to change your vote if need be.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Marie said…

    Male? Then most definitely not the blue (has purplish undertones....)

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol, 10 to 15 minutes a day!!!??!! He must be nuts. :)

    Hm, yes the blue has a purplish tone alirght...better do something else.
    Amber

     

Post a Comment

<< Home