The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

I Heart Oat Couture

When it comes to sweaters, I like to keep it simple. I'm not a big fan of trendy knitting. You can keep your high fashion with your 8 million embellishments on one sleeve. For one thing, I am not a waif. I don't need a sweater adorned with a veritable field of flowers or ruffles or weird curly things hanging around the neckline. Trust me, I'm well embellished enough. Which is why I love Oat Couture patterns. Not only are they light on the frills, most of the patterns are fairly easy to knit. That's good. Anddddd .... they come in a wide range of sizes. (Thank you Knitting Gods). Which is why, as soon as this pattern arrives in my mailbox it's on the needles.

Penelope Blouse

Beautiful, no? But let me tell you, readers of The Weaving Inn, if you live in California you will need to order this pattern ONLINE. Hello Bay Area Yarn Stores, why do NONE of you carry Oat Couture Patterns? Please to explain to me why there is not room on your shelf for one binder of Oat Couture patterns? Enlighten me as to why none of you show up on the Oat Couture List Of Retailers. Am I being a little over dramatic here? Well I happen to have graduated Summa Cum Laude from the School of Instant Gratification and I want to make this sweater NOW. And this one too ...

Crocus Cardigan

And it is *completely* irrelevant that a) this is a baby sweater, b) I have no babies and c) I don't know anyone having a baby. This pattern is crying out to be knit. But noooo, I must wait for the pattern to be mailed to me from Oregon which could take DAYS. As opposed to say ... jumping in my car, driving to Knitting Arts where not only would I have bought the pattern but the yarn to make it and maybe a couple pair of palm wood knitting needles for good measure. Maybe a tape measure and a swift too. I pinky swear I would have.

Oh, and the first person to suggest that it might be a *tad* bit unreasonable of me to expect a yarn store to cater to my wishes gets a crochet hook up the nose.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger Craft Kitten said…

    KA has those patterns, dont know why they aren't on their page, but that stuff happens..

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The waiting is the hardest part. *sigh*

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    I'm knitting the Penelope and would LOVE it if the company would show this on a REAL body instead of a stick. I started out with the small, and am now knitting the petite. I'll have to frog it because the garter ridge cuts across my chest--not flattering. Grrrr...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home