The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Testing 1-2-3

I decided to audition another yarn tonight for the Irish Hiking Scarf.

This is Cascade 220 Quattro. I *love* this yarn and have it in both the red and the purple color way. One of the things I like best about it is that it's four strands of yarn woven together and each strand is a different color. Which of course you can't see in this fabulous picture I took. Anyway, the four colors in this one are a bubblegum pink, a Valentine red (which I'm sure you can see), a blush and a peach/rust shade. I know that sounds horrible but trust me, it's nice. And this yarn practically knits itself. No splitting, no joins (I know this because I made them into yarn cakes) and it's very inexpensive. Which is sort of irrelevant since it came from my stash. Well, one skein came from the stash box, the other was in the cupboard behind a jar of Skippy Peanut Butter. Ummm ... what?

The latest Knit Picks catalogue arrived in my mail box today and they're showcasing ... lace. I'm doomed, I tell you, doomed. What do you think about this scarf?

This is the Shadow Scarf, you can make this project for only $4.58! And you can download the pattern here for free!

The Sock Queen, aka trek, attempted to cut off her thumb yesterday while slicing vegetables. Yet another reason one should stick to cake and forego ALL vegetables. Poor trek has had a run of very bad luck lately so if you feel like popping over to her blog to wish her well in her recovery I think she'd appreciate it. Plus she has very cool FREE sock patterns available which she designed herself. Not to mention her ultra chic sock bags. Move along, you'll enjoy the trip.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Thank, April - and the scarf is very pretty.

    I like the Cascade for the IHS.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home