The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Secret Pal Strikes AGAIN !

Prezzies! Again! I'm beginning to think that my Secret Pal did NOT read the instructions for this swap. The instructions clearly state "two packages, over two months, each approximately $15.00 in value." Perhaps she suffers from a reading disability? She's already been threatened with Secret Pal Prison and yet, in the mail today ...

Comfort Zone DPN's

Five, count 'em five, that's onetwothreefourfive sets of Comfort Zone double pointed needles. In US sizes 0, 1, 2, 3 and 6. In wonderfully bright colors. These are very cool high tech space age flexible, non-breakable polymer needles. With super sharp ends for poking naughty kitties. Over time they actually conform to the shape of your hand. And they're so light it's unbelievable. They also come in packages of SIX so if you lose one you can just carry on. Take that, gap in the back of the cupboard! Is my Secret Pal the BEST or what?

THANK YOU SECRET PAL !!!

The Sock

Someone is knitting a sock. Someone is ripping a sock. Someone is knitting a sock. Someone is ripping a sock. There is not a single component of this sock that has not been redone at least once. Heel flap - oopsie! Only supposed to slip stitches on the knit side. Picking up the stitches for the gusset - oopsie! I'm on the wrong side. The only thing that went right the first time was turning the heel. Probably because that's my favorite part. And I *still* can't seem to slip the first stitch on the knit row so that I get a nice little line of easy to pick up stitches going up the side. I *am* slipping purl-wise and yet ... it's all bumpy and icky. But I shall persevere. Because I'm having FUN. Yeah, that's it. I'm having FUN.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    You know, you *can* slip stitches on the purl side in the heel flap - you just have to do more rows if you go this route. Just saying - for future reference.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know I'm bad. See, there was free shipping if you got five sets. So I lost my mind (which, admittedly, has already been mislaid several times this week. Maybe it's behind the cupboard with your #3 DPN).

    I know that sock-knitting/sock-ripping rhythm! I just screwed up on my own heel flap (I keep typing 'hell flap' -- I think that means something) twice in a row by not remembering to slip AT ALL. I think maybe you got my other slipped stitches. Anyway -- empathies!

    -- Yer Secret Pal

     

Post a Comment

<< Home