The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I Shall Remember This Day

Finally ...

The Sock

I know you're probably all sick to death of hearing about this sock so last post for a while, I promise. Anyways, it fits. It's not quite as snug as I might have liked but that's OK for a first time effort. Now it's time to start it's twin although I'm beginning to question why people need to wear matching socks. Perhaps I should start a movement among sock knitters. Wouldn't it be great if all you ever had to do was knit just one sock, in one pattern and one colorway and then you could move on to another one? Well I suppose you could do that now but I don't think the mismatched sock fashion craze has started yet. But it's a thought.

Mail call from Knit Picks today and it was definitely a box full of wonderfulness.

I think these are all pretty self-explanatory but what the heck. On top, a book filled with wonderful sock patterns. All of which are named after towns or countries. There's even a Canada sock! Unfortunately I'm not that crazy about it but the thought was nice. Bonus points, the book is spiral bound so it lies nice and flat.

In the center, sock yarn. Of course. The Simple Stripes, for some reason, is squishier than the Essential. Go figure because they're both 75% wool, 25% nylon.

And on the bottom, my personal obsession, baby alpaca. Not nearly as soft as Misti Alpaca but definitely acceptable. I *love* the color. It's going to be used for my "Falling In Love" scarf once the IHS is done.

Well I must dash, someone seems to have "missed" the litter box. Cats. What a concept.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oooh, pretty sock!!
    Great job! Yay!!!!!
    :) Nice yarn too.
    Amber

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Great sock - and a great score in the mailbox.

     
  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    April, the sock is beautiful! Congrats on finishing it. I love the yarn, the colors and stripes are wonderful.

    And who doesn't like getting a box of yarn goodness in the mail? Beats bills hands down any day!

    Oh yeah, sorry about the litter box thingie. Sam likes to leave me "pressies" next to the box sometimes to remind me it's not to his personal standards, which would be cleaner than a hospital.

    Renee

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's bumpin'! Congrats on finishing. Now don't you dare get SSS (Second Sock Syndrome). Though I definitely grant you permission to knit its "mate" in a different color. Heck, even a different style!

    Cool stuff from KnitPicks. A friend just gave me that same book and it's quite coooool.

    Mmm, baby alpaca. I always want to take a nap on it, though...

    -- Your "Other" Secret Pal.

     
  • At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yay! hip hip hooray! A whole sock!!! It's beautiful April. Congratulations!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home