The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, June 19, 2006

The Exorcist Yarn Cake

As I mentioned last night, I have been doing an inventory of my sock yarn. Today I took my ball of Fortissima Socka to work to weigh it on the postal scale. It came in at 3.2 ounces so I don't have quite 100 grams. I figure if I do the cuff, the heel flap and the toe in a different color I should be alright.

Since I'd already tried to make a sock out of it before there were a few yards pulled out from the ball. "Hey, why not wind it up into a tidy little yarn cake on the handy dandy yarn winder," I thought to myself. This would have been a splendid idea had this ball not been riddled with great honkin' globs of tangled yarn. It seemed as though every 3 or 4 yards it would puke out another glob and I'd have to stop and untangle the dang thing. What made it even worse was that I'd get it all untangled and then it would start to feed upon itself. Just laying there on my desk it would tangle right back up. My ball of yarn is clearly possessed.

Linda Blair In Yarn Form

Hey, how come I don't have any super cool note cards like this?

This is a thank you card from the socially correct trek. Is it adorable or what? I want some of these! And that's a real little needle there. I'm holding on to this card for the next time I lose one of my DPN's.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    The cards are available from majorknitter and she does them to raise money for a teen rehab facility.

     
  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    Oh I hate when yarn is all gnarled inside! BTW, April, you are the best!! REally!! I got your box yesterday, and that's just a cornucopeia of Java Drop goodness - you were too generous! And I love the soap, too. You should see my bathroom. I love nice smelling soaps (I buy so many, I can't use them all, some of them become pretty air fresheners for my bathroom).

    Renee

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When I used Fortissima Socka, I had serious yarnbarf, too. I have to admit I don't like the stuff at all. But it was my first ball of sock yarn and what can I say? It was sparkly! I didn't know no betta!

     
  • At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Er, I didn't mean that to be COMPLETELY anonymous... hit return by mistake. This is your Secret Pal... :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home