The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

100 Posts Later

For those of you who don't blog or don't use Blogger, when you log in to your blog it happily tells you how many posts you've created. Wonder of wonders, this is post # 100 to the Weaving Inn. In honor of the occasion I was going to write something deeply philosophical about how blogging had changed my life. How it had restored my faith in humanity. Lifted me up from the darkness of despair and into the light. Umm ... no.

I have, however, met some very special people who I might not have met if they hadn't found their way to my little corner of the Internet (hi trek! hi Renee! hi Amber! hi lurkers!). And that's pretty cool. I've also gotten to share pictures of some of my little projects, both bad (the amigurumi kitten who still has no head) and good (let me get back to you on that). But what it really comes down to is that I like to write. Those of you who've received e-mails from me probably already know that. Heck, even my Instant Messages sometimes rival "War And Peace." I write personal ads for friends. I write non-fiction articles that people actually pay money for (yeah, I can't believe it either). I write children's stories about dragons that blow bubbles that become rainbows. I write.

100 posts ago I couldn't figure out for the life of me what I'd ever write about in a blog. I should have known better. Thank you to everyone who reads my daily scribbling. It really means a lot to me.

OK, enough of the Oscar acceptance speech crap, let's move on.

Apparently once this is finished and blocked -

It will look like this -

Well except it'll be a different color. The Oak Leaf And Acorn Scarf proved to be a bit much for this beginning lace knitter. Enter "Emma's Scarf" which is ridiculously easy. This would be a great first project if you've ever thought about knitting lace. The lace pattern is over 16 stitches and 8 rows. Simple simple simple. And it's knit on either worsted or chunky weight yarn using US size 8 needles. Instead of your usual cobwebs and toothpicks. So it's quick, it's not difficult and would make a lovely Christmas gift. Which is only six months away.

Kerry and I went on a road trip today to Felton and Scott's Valley. Trust me to go to a quilt store and find ...

More Sock Yarn!

Actually, Kerry found it so technically it's not my fault that I bought it. OK, so it's not Sundara or Socks That Rock or Lorna's Laces but I'll give it a whirl and see how it knits up. I really like the colors so even if it's scratchy it'll still be pretty.

My Bestest Friend

8 Comments:

  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Hi April! Waving from the other side of the country...

    I made a scarf like that last Christmas and it really is an easy knit and looks so beautiful when it is finished - great job there!

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger aija said…

    Congrats on #100! The scarf will be so pretty (I'm terrified of lace!)

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I love the color of your scarf - looks great!

    And what a cute cute kitty!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    Hi April, happy 100th! I'd say more, but I'm afraid I have a face full of Java Drops.

    Plus, it's one of *those* kinda summer afternoons in Texas, sun bigger than you can imagine, not a cloud in the sky, the cicadas singing their lazy tune, the furnace blast of the breeze.

    Of course I'm sitting inside an over-air conditioned state office building, so I don't really know what I'm talking about, except I am sleepy, and it's only 3, and yesterday at this time, I was just awakening from a 2 hour nap.

    I love the scarf, and I love the kitty. She's very pretty.

    Renee

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger April said…

    aija,

    you are SUCH a faker. you're the queen of sock pr0n and you're terrified of lace? what exactly do you call "Evening Stockings For A Young Lady"? garter stitch?

    i *can't* believe you.

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger April said…

    trekster,

    thanks for the nice words about my little scarf. where's the pic of YOUR scarf?

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger April said…

    jenn,

    but it's not ... misti alpaca. :)

    all calico kitties are pretty, we know that.

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger April said…

    renee,

    seven words. when r u coming to san francisco.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home