The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

BIG Score

Tonight was the bi-monthly meeting of the Santa Clara Crochet Meet-Up group at Knitting Arts in Saratoga. Jen, our fearless leader, was at the big TNNA show somewhere in the Midwest and came back with freebies. Which she decided to share with us. If it was me, heck I woulda kept it all myself.

Sock Yarn!

More Sock Yarn!

The Regia Silk Color feels soooo nice. The colors are very masculine but I'm pretty sure I'd be hard pressed to find a guy who wanted a pair of variegated silk socks. I think they'll look great with jeans. The composition is 55% Merino, 20% silk and 25% polyamid with 200m per ball.

The Regia Crazy Color reminds me of the beach. I think something lacey would look nice in these colors. I've been madly downloading free sock patterns so I'm sure I have a pattern somewhere that would be appropriate. It's very soft as well. 75% wool, 25% polyamid, 210m per ball.

I've been swapping over on the Knitty board in my continuing effort to obtain more sock yarn. Tonight when I got home from the Crochet Meet-Up this was in my mailbox ...

And I have to admit, I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression I was getting one ball of Schaffer "Anne". Tell me, does the skein on the left look like it's the same colorway as the ball on the right? I think I need to take these in to work tomorrow and weigh them on the scale. Because I think I got twice what I thought I was getting. Who in their right mind would swap two full skeins of Anne for 3 sets of circular needles? Of course I could always just ask the person who swapped with me. But that would be rude.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:41 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Look at you scoring the sock yarn.

     
  • At 8:58 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Oh man, what a score!! :)

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent swapping and scoring. I love Regia silk, one of my favorites. It knits up into something heavenly. You just want to pet the sock instead of wear it. Well, maybe that could be considered a problem...

    Yer OSP.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home