The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Bouncing Baby Bobble Blanket

Here we go with the first square of the Bouncing Baby Bobble Blanket. As mentioned yesterday, there's a new CAL over at Crochetville and it's based on the book, 200 Crocheted Blocks. I've decided to make all the bobble and popcorn stitch blocks for a Project Linus blanket. This is the "Arrowhead Bobbles" square. Theoretically these squares are supposed to be 6" but mine are coming out around 7 1/4". But it's all good, providing they all come out the same size. And they're fun to do! So fun in fact, that I've almost finished the fourth one. In addition to the Arrowhead Bobbles, I've also finished "Bobble Diamond", "Lemon Stripe" and I'm working on "Band of Bobbles."

Here's another WIP that's proving to be really fun to do NOW that I've figured out the pattern.

This is the Two Way Tee from "Crocheted Sweaters." Why is it called "Two Way"? Well first you crochet the bottom half sideways and then you crochet the top half up-ways (yes, I know that's not a real word). AND the necklines are different, the front is square and the back is rounded. Have I mentioned this is my first wearable? Ahahaha, I'm *insane.* Let's just be thankful there are no sleeves.

Here at The Weaving Inn we're still on a chocolate kick. Viva La Chocolat!

These delicious little treats are from Saratoga Chocolates. For those of you not in the Bay Area, Saratoga is one of the many little towns surrounding San Jose. It sits up against the Santa Cruz Mountains and it's one of my favorite places. Of course, the fact that Knitting Arts is also in Saratoga makes it even more wonderful. And 'lo and behold, Saratoga Chocolates is a mere two or three doors down from Knitting Arts. I'm thinking of building a shrine to the Yarn Gods in Saratoga because they've obviously blessed the town. But since I'm still working on the box of Purdy's chocolates that Cindy The Wonder Friend gave me on Thursday, this box is hidden in the cupboard. In case robbers break in. Take the T.V. but don't take my chocolate.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the Arrowhead sq, so pretty. Im with you, take the tv leave my chocolate's alone now.

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think I read somewhere in the 200 Blocks book that Jan Eaton used a lighter weight yarn, hence the smaller squares. My first one came out to 7 1/4 as well.

    Yummy looking chocolates you got there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home