The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Think Green


It's raining. Again. Am I sick of this rain? Oh yes, I am. Last night on the news the weather man proudly proclaimed that we had only had two days of sun this month. If I wanted to live in the rain, I'd move back home to Vancouver. But rumor has it that there will actually be sun this weekend. In which case, I'm gettin' outta San Jose and heading North to San Francisco. One can only stay in the suburbs so long.





But meanwhile I'm stuck here, at work, and need something to cheer myself up. I know, I'll order some yarn online AND give some away! How about three balls of Rowan Summer Tweed in "Dew". This looks kind of springy to me and we could probably all use something springy right about now. Summer Tweed is a mix of silk and cotton so it would be just right for a little tank top or lacey summer scarf. I don't know, I'm babbling. I don't quite know how I'll give it away though. So I'll leave this picture up and post the question tomorrow. Being evil also cheers me up.

Another thing that cheers me up is finding good homes for animals that need them. Here's ....

Diedra

She's five months old and is a chihuahua mix. She's available from the Nike Animal Rescue Foundation ( www.narfrescue.org ) in San Jose. Of course I don't know ANYONE that would want a chihuahua mix but gosh, you never know. I'm just sayin'.


Happy St. Patrick's Day! Bring on the corned beef and cabbage. NOT.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dear, rain, no sun, sounds kind of like MI....
    :)
    Our Grandparents are due back from Florida on the first official day of spring. I hope they bring the sun shine with them!

    lol, oh yes. Nothing to cheer you up and keep you from feeling guilty about it like buying yarn and giving some away!!
    Well, I can't answer the questions yet, I think it will be another couple weeks. But I'll be watching!!!

    Oh he's cute! Hope he finds a home soon.

    Amber

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi April,

    You really are evil, but when I showed the picture to Gordon he actually asked if I want a chihuahua! We may think about it for a bit.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    OH MY GAWD! He is ADORABLE!
    If I could have another dog I would take him in a hearbeat!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home