The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Will It Flip?


Those of you who like to make hats are probably aware that after you've done a few rounds your hat begins to take on the shape of well ... a hat. The edge starts to curl in and you breathe a little sigh of relief that you're not going to end up with a very bizarre doily. I've seen it happen before and it's not a pretty sight.

Here we have my current hat in progress. It's from the Vogue Knitting "Crocheted Hats On The Go." Frankly this hat has been kicking my butt. I'm crocheting it in KPPM yarn (Koigu Painter's Palette something or other). This is not cheap yarn. The first two balls I purchased to make the hat with, Andy kindly puked all over. I cleaned it off (hey, it's $11.50 a ball) and started again. Then I ran into a little uhh ... gauge problem. Figuring this yarn was cursed I bought two new balls in a different color. What, you've never heard of cursed yarn? Trust me, it can happen.

I can usually crank out a hat in a day or two. I am on day 4 with this hat. But what do you expect on an "F" hook with round and round and round of single crochet. But today it actually started to look like a hat, the edge began to "flip" (big sigh of relief). And then I realized that the amount of yarn I had left might be a bit less than what I needed to complete this FABULOUS PROJECT. Why don't we take another look at the pattern? Oh. This hat does not take one ball of each color. It. takes. two.

Let's have a little crochet humour to lighten the mood, shall we?

A police officer was sitting alongside the interstate when he noticed a car speeding by and driving erratically. He pulled behind the car and turned his lights on. The car kept swerving all over the road. He noticed that the driver was an obviously distracted woman. The cop sped up and pulled along side her. She still did not notice the cop, but he noticed that the woman was crocheting as she was trying to drive. The police office pulled out his bull horn, rolled down his window and yelled “Pull over!!” The woman looked up and yelled back “No, it’s a scarf!!



And just for Cindy ...


1 Comments:

  • At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi April,

    Thank you so much for the sweet picture. You are making me long for just such a puppy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home