The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It's Almost Time ....

Dear Barnes & Noble Magazine Arranger Person,

I am writing with a very simple request. I am a magazine junkie. I religiously buy People and US every week. It is imperative that I keep up with the latest news regarding Brad and Angelina and Jessica and Nick. I simply couldn't go a week without seeing the latest picture of Britney Spears' new baby (his name is Sean Preston, in case you didn't know). But the magazines that I love even more than People and US are crochet magazines.

Oh indeed I do. I drool over the yarn advertisements, plan out how I'll make every pattern in every issue (regardless of skill level) and nod agreeably with the people who write in expressing their love for crochet. Needless to say, I can't wait to purchase every new crochet magazine that comes out.

But my dear BNMAP, we have a problem. You insist on mixing the crochet magazines in with the cross stitch magazines. And the shelves you stack them on are a little high for me. AND you have so many magazines that of course you have to arrange them so they'll all fit. So when I'm standing beneath the magazines most of the time all I can see are the letters C-R-O.

Need I tell you how many times I have reached excitedly for what I *thought* was a new crochet magazine only to find it was CROSS STITCH? It's bad enough you've jammed in the quilting magazines with the crochet and half a letter Q can look very similar to a C but to tease me with *3* letters? Is this really necessary? Therefore, I would appreciate it if you would relocate the crochet magazines to their very own shelf. Is that asking too much?

And no, I don't have one of your damn discount cards.

Sincerely,

April

Are we all sick of squares yet? I know I am. In fact they're all starting to look the same to me. This is the last square I think I'll be doing for a while. "Cobblestones" by Chris Simon. And no, this one did NOT speak to me.

Well it's just about that time, isn't it? Only 12 odd hours until the drawing. But of course there's still one more FANTASTIC PRIZE ! Will this be in YOUR basket? OK, OK, *imaginary* basket. But real prizes.

This is pretty self explanatory, wouldn't you say? It's a book. It has patterns for babies. Because at least once in your life you'll need to make something for a baby shower or a co-worker or whoever's procreating.

Andy says, "Good luck, everyone!"

3 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know exactly which shelf you're refering to!

    Cute kitty!

     
  • At 7:45 AM, Blogger Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said…

    It's not any better in other stores either!

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL, I love your letter. I don't look for crochet books a lot, but I know what you mean.
    Okay, it's nearly noon my time. I"ll be checking back in very soon! I'm very excited, this is a lot of fun to see who will get the "baskets". Thanks again April for the encouragment!
    Amber

     

Post a Comment

<< Home