The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Zen Crochet

You know how sometimes you just want to crochet and veg. Not think about pattern repeats or changing colors. No counting, just stitch stitch stitch. Well when I feel like that, this is what I work on. This is square 5 of 12 for the Crochetdude's Monet Afghan. 1 sc 2 dc in each sc, all the way across. You end up with shells that look like they're swaying back and forth. Throw in a little Red Heart SS in "Waterlilies" and this is what you get. Something simple, yet effective. So I worked on it tonight at the weekly meeting of the Silicon Valley Stitchers. I need to get this DONE.



Well what have we here? I do believe this is today's FANTASTIC PRIZE. I've lost track of the numbers so now everything will simply be a FANTASTIC PRIZE. Two skeins of Cascade Yarn which is somewhat obvious by the large labels in the picture. 100% wool. They're two different weights but you could probably make a little purse with them and felt it. Or something. Apparently I'm still in a Zen state of mind. And I have a cold. Woe is me. And a new co-worker who thinks my name is "Rachel." But let's not get into that.



Lily and Daisy say, "Give us liberty or give us PEANUTS!"

2 Comments:

  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    the cascade does make a great felted bag when mixed with some crystal palace fizz - Ive recently made a few for myself and friends and they all get lots of compliments.

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooo, that square is GORGEOUS! Have to check back to see the finished piece.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home