The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

A Tisket, A Tasket,

... what's goin' in the basket? As posted yesterday, I am trying to help the Crochetdude (aka Drew Emborsky) collect 12" squares for Heartmade Blessings. If you check out his blog at http://thecrochetdude.blogspot.com you can get all the details regarding the squares.

To help motivate all of you wonderful crocheters out there I am going to be having a raffle at the end of February (that would be FEB. 28TH) for a basket of yarnaholic goodies. For each square you send to Drew you will get one entry for the basket. Send 10 squares, get 10 entries. All you need to do is send me an e-mail and say, "Hey April, I sent Drew 2,893, 532 squares" and you'll be entered.

So what the heck is going in the ol' basket, you might ask. Yarn I've had in storage for 10 years? A pair of rusty knitting needles? A pattern book with half the pages missing and all the size large instructions highlighted in yellow? Pfft, this is the Weaving Inn, where our middle name is "over the top."

Each day, between now and FEBRUARY 28TH, I will be adding a FANTASTIC PRIZE to the basket. A picture of the FANTASTIC PRIZE will be posted for you to drool over. For those of you in the audience who are particularly astute, you'll see that I've just magically supplied myself with blog fodder until the end of the month.

Some of you may now be saying, "Hey, you announced the contest yesterday and there was no picture of a FANTASTIC PRIZE." You are correct. So today we will have two pictures. Drool on ...

FANTASTIC PRIZE # 1 - 4 (FOUR) balls of Debbie Bliss "Merino DK" in a delightful shade of ... grape? Eggplant? You decide. 100% Merino wool, 110m/50g per ball. Make a scarf, make a hat, use them to stuff your bra, the choice is YOURS.


FANTASTIC PRIZE # 2 - 2 (TWO) skeins of Knit Picks "Shadow" lace weight yarn. In the colorway "Jewels." 100% Merino wool, 440yds/50g per skein. A shawl? A pair of socks? Two pairs? I have no idea, I've never made socks before.

Ladies (and gentlemen), start your hooks ...

2 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is just too tempting! I'm going to have to find some time to make some squares for Drew!!

    Too bad our crochet meetup group last night was overshadowed by the large knitting group. I have nothing against knitting! I was very distracted sitting right next to them!

    Well, no more griping, I look forward to getting together in Campbell next week. :)

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger misplacedpom said…

    Hello April,

    I can't seem to find your e-mail address anywhere! I just wanted to let you know I sent along four squares to drew yesterday. (Not at all motivated by your contest, honest....) Thanks so much for doing this,

    Tina (misplacedpom)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home