The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Late To The Party

OK, so I'm roughly two years behind in the blogging craze but I really didn't think I had anything worthwhile to say. I thought I'd have to post great inspiring, philosophical thoughts that Socrates might have written, had blogging been around in 400 B.C.E..

And then I started crocheting. And as everyone knows, if you crochet you must also blog. It's like an unspoken rule. In fact, if I was really smart I'd write a book that combined the two. Something like "363 More Crochet Stitches and 85 Blog Templates." You get the idea.

So who IS the latest person to hop on the Blog Bandwagon? Well I'm an accountant by necessity and a writer by nature who lives in one of the many suburbs surrounding San Jose. Actually that's kind of a misnomer because San Jose is just one big sprawling suburb itself. So perhaps that makes Campbell a Junior Suburb.

I live with my three cats, DeeDee, Wilma and Andy. My two mice, Lily and Daisy. And Ralphie, my betta fish. In the world's smallest one bedroom apartment. But the rent is cheap and I have easy access to two main highways. Which in the Bay Area is a major selling point. Here's a recent picture of DeeDee and Wilma. They're fighting over who gets to sit on the quilt my Mother just made for Wilma. Wilma is on the left and DeeDee is on the right.









Back to crochet. After all, that's why you're here, right? To marvel over my Works In Progress, to gaze in complete astonishment at my finished projects, to drool over my stash. Oops, got a little carried away there. Here is my latest finished project, a preemie blanket for Project Linus.











Fascinating, no? Well this blogging business has left me completely exhausted and it's after the witching hour. I'd best get to bed. 'Night all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home