The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Super Simply Soft Shawl Sunday

Congratulations to the newest Super Bowl champions, the Pittsburgh Steelers. Although I was rooting for the Seattle Seahawks, I shall be a good sport and say, "Way to go, Steelers." Now maybe they'll send me the $5.00 I need to pay the bet I had placed on this game.

I may have been the only person in America who didn't actually watch the game though. I only get one channel (NBC 11) so I had to wait for Sports Sunday to air so that I could catch the highlights. But of course, when one has no T.V. to watch, one can spend oodles of time crocheting. So I worked on my Simply Soft Shawl (don't you love alliteration? I do). With only 30 more rows to go and then the edging I hope to be finished with it this week. I'm trying to keep my WIP's down to an acceptable number. Currently I have my shawl, my Monet afghan, and my Mile-A-Minute afghan on the go. My Mile-A-Minute afghan has been lingering for over a year now and each time I look in the closet it glares back at me.

Can I help it if I was lured in by the "Mile-A-Minute" promise? Mile-A-Millenium is more like it. And quite frankly, it's one ugly afghan. I'll post pictures one of these days so you can see for yourself. U-G-L-Y.


And then of course there's this. A magazine with at LEAST 4 afghans in it that I would love to make. You know how it is, you pick up a magazine hoping against hope there'll be at least ONE nice project in it and inside are 30 variations on the delightful toilet paper cozy. But not this magazine. Oh no. This magazine actually has things in it you'd want to make. Which is why I was a total geek and took a picture of the cover so I could show you all. This is a magazine you need to check out. I got mine at Barnes and Noble last Friday. And not only does it have nice patterns, it has 3 or 4 yarn giveaways. All you need to do is send in a postcard and you could win FREE YARN. Or a copy of "The Little Box of Knitted Throws." What are you waiting for? Buy this magazine!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Was there a football game on yesterday? Jk! I don't follow FB and didn't watch the game either.
    I must get myself over to B&N!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home