The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Yarn Organization 101

This was my bedroom Saturday afternoon. Being the highly anal individual that I am, I decided my yarn needed to be organized. So off I went to WalMart and picked up 3 - 58 gallon plastic containers. No, those aren't them in the picture. Those containers were purchased 2 months ago when my yarn got out of control the first time. I'm on a vicious spiral here. But oddly enough, I thought I had more yarn than this. So after all was said and done, I had one container left over. And Stitches West is this weekend. Could this be anything other than a sign from God that I need to purchase more yarn? Well of course it is. And when God speaks, I listen. Umm, sometimes.

Here we have my personal advertisement for Caron's Simply Soft yarn. I love SS. Can you tell? Other than 2 or 3 skeins of Red Heart, this is all SS. Looking at this picture you might think I had every color it came in. But NO. I was wrong. Last night, Kerry was crocheting with the most beautiful shade of red I'd ever seen. And for some reason she seemed rather pleased that I didn't own any. Pfft. Yarn envy.

What? Yes, I know. I haven't posted the FANTASTIC PRIZE for Sunday OR Monday. Let us correct that now. I felt it was time to throw in some more wool (Get it? "I felt" "wool", haha, little yarn humour there).


Four skeins of KnitPicks "Wool of the Andes". Two skeins of Blue Bonnet and two skeins of Asparagus. Sounds like a serving of vegetables with margarine, doesn't it? But anyways, there you have it. FANTASTIC PRIZE # 5! Prize # 6 to follow later, once I figure out what it is.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm off to the post office now to mail off 3 squares to the Crochet Dude for Heartmade Blessings!

     
  • At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If she was a really good friend she would have picked up 2 skeins of that color yarn ;)
    But how was I to know you didn't have that color? Do they have a color release party? Do they send emails when a new color is released? Well, they should!

    =^..^=

     

Post a Comment

<< Home