The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

They're Talking To Me ...

My granny squares. They've started talking to me. OK, I admit it - there might have been a little recreational drug use in high school (sorry, Mom) but that was almost 30 YEARS AGO. Shouldn't I be over these flashbacks by now? And yet ... they speak. Well not all of them. Just this one.

There I was, on the couch yesterday afternoon weaving in my ends, and this square whispered, "Baby blanket." To say I was shocked is a bit of an understatement. But I'm a polite Canadian so I said, "Excuse me?" And clear as day, I heard it again. "Baby blanket." I had originally intended this square to go with my other squares for the Crochetdude and Heartmade Blessings. Then it occurred to me that granny squares have been around forever and me, well, not quite so long. So who am I to question the wisdom of a granny square? Sorry Drew, I'm holding this one back. The granny square has spoken.

In other acts of charitable giving here is Project Linus blanket # 5. It's nothing fancy, a double strand of Simply Soft in a V-stitch, blah, blah, blah.

Did someone say "giving." As in GIVING away prizes? Well of course we have prizes, the contest isn't over yet. We've still got two more days to go and I haven't posted any prizes since ... like ... Thursday. S-L-A-C-K-E-R. OK, no need to point out the obvious, ladies. Our first FANTASTIC PRIZE is ...

It's a combo prize. The lovely leaflet "Quilts To Crochet" and a bottle of E&O Body Lotion in French Lavender. Because it's my favorite body lotion and I want the entire world to smell like lavender. You don't like lavender? Give it to your grandmother, it's the universal grandmother fragrance.

And our next FANTASTIC PRIZE is ...

A white box. How exciting. Haha, fooled ya! It's what's inside that's exciting! An entire POUND of See's chocolates. Mmmm .... more chocolate. What's a contest without multiple prizes involving chocolate? For those of you not familiar with See's chocolates this is some good stuff. Trust me, I know my chocolate. And if you don't believe me just ask Kerry .... or Sue .... or Cindy.

Hmm ... I seem to be forgetting something. Lordy, I hate when that happens. There was something else I was going to post and it's slipped right out of my tiny brain.

WAIT !!!

I REMEMBER. It's another FANTASTIC PRIZE!


Sharkey's hand carved crochet hook. Size K. K is for Krazy. And yes, yes I am.

7 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey April,

    I heard baby blanket, too. That block seems to be shouting and not whispering. But seriously, the block is simply lovely.

    Cindy

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey April,

    Me again, my sister-in-law in Victoria seems to think Purdy's is better than See's. I would like your opinion on that.

    Cindy

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger April said…

    Hi Cindy!

    Ten years ago, I would have had to say that Purdy's were better than See's. But it would appear that Purdy's has done away with a lot of the original chocolates and I don't much care for their new stuff. However, their "Sweet Georgia Browns" and "Mint Melties" are the best chocolates on the planet. BUT ... if dark chocolate makes your heart sing ... well Roger's (based in Victoria) is unsurpassed. Oh yes, I know my chocolate.

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April, I want to tell you about my 12'" squares, but don't know your email addy.

    Thanks

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger April said…

    Hi Jo,

    The e-mail address to use is - Sakkasie@hotmail.com

    Thanks!

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know inspiration has hit you over the head when your projects start talking! :D
    Mmmm, See's. Now that's chocolate I can eat! Yum!

     
  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger Vanessa said…

    EO lavendar is my favorite too - I like to take the body oil and put a little bit of it in my bubble bath - SO RELAXING

     

Post a Comment

<< Home