The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, March 03, 2006

The Best Of Plans

Over at ol' Crochetville I'm involved with the Hat-A-Week Crochetalong. I love making hats, everyone knows that. Instant gratification happens to be my middle name. But I can't say I'm too gratified with this little number. Here's ol' Lydia No Face modeling "Denver" from the Little Box of Crocheted Hats and Scarves. The original yarn it called for was Noro "Kuryeon" (I know I've spelt that wrong) and I decided to sub Manos d'Uruguay (that's probably spelt wrong too). But I didn't care for any of the colors that Kuryeon came in. So off I went with ol' Manos which is 100% wool. This hat had real potential with a multitude of different stitches (dc's, popcorn, clusters, reverse single crochet) but when done it's just ... blah. It kind of balances on your head. And it's WAY too short for my fat head.

And the more I look at it ... the more I think ... it looks like a bunny with a pancake on it's head.


The other day I was yattering on about the next contest I was going to hold. It was to be called the "MADE IN CANADA" contest. Some of you may have thought you had to be Canadian to enter. Well given that the few people who do read this blog are probably American, well then that wouldn't be a very successful contest now, would it? No, my Crocheting Goddeses, that is not what the MADE IN CANADA contest is all about. What it IS about is my ongoing mission to educate the Amercian public on their neighbor (neighbour) to the North. Since I've been in the United States it has come to my attention that there may be one or two things about Canada you might not know. So. This is how it works. Each week, on a random day, I will post a question about Canada. The first person to respond correctly will win a FANTASTIC PRIZE. Send your correct answer to Sakkasie@hotmail.com . Basically what this contest is all about is who can type www.google.com the fastest. But you never know, we Canadians are a tricky lot. So here's the first question. How many provinces are there in Canada? Good luck!

In other prize news, if you want your consolation prize from the Heartmade Blessings raffle it would be a really good idea to send your snail mail address to the above e-mail address as well. Please and thank you.

In home decorating / pet furniture news, here's the latest addition to the Campbell mansion. It was originally a wicker basket, it's now known as the "Tabby Tower." Why do Andy's eyes look like that? Because he's FREAKIN' POSSESSED !!!

7 Comments:

  • At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Great!
    How's this?

    There are ten provinces (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Québec, New Brunswick Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador). There are also three territories (Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut Territory).

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You always make the nicest hats! I wish I could wear a hat, they'd be fun to make!

    LoL! Love the bunny picture!

    Darn, somebody already beat me to the Canadian question of the week. I think Americans don't know a lot about Canada because you're such nice neighbors, we never hear much about you. Have you seen the weather map? It just fades into gray north of the border!

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger April said…

    Amber, congratulations - you are the lucky winner of this week's MADE IN CANADA contest! What have you won? I have NO clue but I'm sure I'll find something at the yarn shop today.

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger April said…

    Sue, where have you been? I have a box of chocolates and two skeins of yarn with your name on them. We're having Sunday Stitching tomorrow (the 5th) at Knitting Arts from 4 - 6 if you're interested.

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I won?!! Yeah!!! That's cool, I've never won anything before. In the future, do you want the replies sent to your email, or posted on the blog? Because I messed up. :)

    Amber

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww I'm so happy to see the kitties like the wicker tower! That's Wilma hiding in the bottom unit, right? :)

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww I'm so happy to see the kitties like the wicker tower! That's Wilma hiding in the bottom unit, right? :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home