The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Dark Side


Oh my word, she's gone over to the dark side ...

Is that a KNITTED scarf in the picture? Oh yes indeed it is. A knitted scarf with a VERY glaring error on the right hand side. C'mon, don't try and be polite and say you can hardly see it. It practically leaps off the screen. But that's OK, I'm ripping it out because this particular yarn (Louisa Harding's "Kashmir Aran") is totally wrong for this project. A lace scarf should not be knitted in a yarn with a polished sheen - it just doesn't work. Nor, in my humble opinion, should it be knit using a worsted weight yarn but hey, that's what the pattern calls for and who am I to argue? So I gave the second ball of this yarn to Andy to play with along with his morning Q-tip and I'll go buy something else tonight. Stay tuned for new pictures tomorrow.

I'm sure glad I have smart friends. Last week I was whining because I was trying to crochet the Peek-A-Boo Afghan from the Crochet Pattern-A-Day calender and it was turning out all wrong. So I gathered up my ugly afghan and the pattern and took it to the weekly meeting of the Silicon Valley Stitchers. Kerry and Cindy had a look at it and the consensus was that the pattern had the colors reversed. I've begun redoing it and this is what I've got so far - pretty, eh? So since a change has been made to the pattern which essentially makes it a NEW pattern I'm renaming it. Henceforth this project shall be known as the "Snowdrops On Roses Afghan." Serves them right for not editing the calender better.

I was going to post a few more pictures but Blogger seems to be especially constipated this morning. So that's it for today, crochet fans.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The afghan is beautiful! The scarf was very nice too, you just do good work!

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, that scarf is looking pretty. And I really couldn't see the error until you mentioned it. :)

    Hey, that afghan is looking good! What yarn are you using for it? I'm glad you were able to figure it out!

    Amber

     

Post a Comment

<< Home