The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Maple Syrup On Mine, Please

Anyone up for a side of yarn cakes? These arrived in the mail on Friday. I bought them off eBay and they originally came from a fellow Crochetville'er by the name of Elizabeth (aka threeolivemartini). I'm quite pleased with them. Elizabeth is a "yarn blender." Each strand is actually three different yarns put together. I'm thinking a shawl. What do you think?

Rumor has it that slow and steady wins the race. Whoever thought up that cliche must have been a knitter. Honestly, I wish I'd never learned to crochet because now knitting seems soooooo slow. But I shall persevere even if it takes me 300 years to knit one single scarf. I know the picture is a little dark but can you see what a lovely job Andy did on rearranging my ball of yarn for me? God forbid it should stay in one nice easy to work with ball when we can tangle it into oblivion.

Andy says, "Huh, what? I'm just chillin' like a villain."

OK, OK, I know. I haven't posted the question for the Rowan Summer Tweed fantastic prize. Lemme think. Hmm ... Let's make this an easy one. Which Canadian city is hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics? There, it doesn't get any easier than that. Which means I can log and go work on my afghan.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April, Is it VanCouver? Im taking a guess?

     
  • At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oooh, nice yarn!

    That scarf is looking nice! Yes, I see the yarn. :) Oh dear, kitty kitty! lol, I bet he had fun!!

    Amber

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger April said…

    Yay, Paula wins! Hooray for Paula! And this way I can send your consolation prize and this prize together! I'm sooo behind in my mailing.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ALRIGHT, Im so excited. Thank you April. Guess it pays for me to not sleep good. Since our time is different. No hurry, I will still be dancing when it gets here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home