The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Welcome, Clover

Clover

After visiting not one, not two, not three, but four pet stores today I finally found a friend for Fleur. This is the very adorable Clover who is much friendlier than her cage mate. I'm hoping Clover will inspire Fleur to be a bit more courageous instead of careening around the cage which she does every time I go into the kitchen. Fleur also has a rather annoying habit of picking up pieces of bedding whenever I look into her cage and shoving them against the side of the cage. Little does she know, but I can still see her.

Fleur (left), Clover (right)

Here are Fleur and Clover getting acquainted in my bathtub while I clean their cage. My tub is now covered in mouse poop but oh well. Are those some cute faces or what?

My "Other Secret Pal" struck again today! It's so nice having Bill Gates for a Secret Pal. Not only did she send me a hilarious card, she also sent me a desperately needed Mini Kacha-Kacha ...

And ...

... this incredibly awesome book on writing! Maybe it'll improve the quality of this sorry blog. It's a toss up as to which I spend more money on, yarn or books so I was THRILLED to get these gifties in the mail. Don't you wish you had my Other Secret Pal for YOUR secret pal? Too bad - she's *mine*.

Speaking of gifties, I never knew short people could be so sneaky. As I mentioned yesterday I was out shopping with Kerry, Cindy and Melissa on Saturday. These ladies are well aware of my love of anything with a ladybug on it. We happened to stop in a kitcheware shop that had these beautiful trays with ladybugs on them. Of course I had to have one. They had other assorted items with ladybugs on them but I was trying to exercise some restraint. After we finished at the kitchenware shop we stopped for coffee and some stitching. At which point the VERY sneaky Cindy presented me with this.

This is my new scone/muffin/cookie plate! I am still trying to figure out how she managed to purchase this while I was in the store with her without me seeing her. Especially since she was paying for it at the same time I was paying for my tray. Apparently I'm even more out to lunch than I thought.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    The mice are too cute.
    Sneaky friends you have!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad that you are enjoying! That ladybug plate is beautiful.. and how sneeeeeky!

    -- Bill G.. Er, I mean Yer OSP.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home