The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, July 03, 2006

I'm Not Obsessed ...

... I'm just highly preoccupied.

This is the sock yarn I've managed to accumulate in oh ... the last three weeks. Yes, some of it has been gifted (thanks Other Secret Pal and Jen at Knitting Arts!), some came via swapping but by and large, it's been my own doing. There's also a skein of Vesper and two more swap skeins coming via my friends at the United States Postal Service.

So what did I do yesterday? Went yarn shopping with Kerry, Cindy and Melissa. To Yarndogs, which was having a sale. I was on the lookout for some Cascade Fixation after hearing rather positive feedback on it.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your point of view) Yarndogs did have some. But not a huge color selection.

Camouflage Socks!

The greens in this are much prettier in person. Trust me. Yarndogs also had a swatch done up and I couldn't get over how soft this yarn is considering it's almost 100% cotton. Why can't all cotton be like that? I like this stuff, a lot. Obviously ...

Tiger Socks!

Strawberry Daiquiri Socks!

These additional balls were purchased at a yarn store who's name I shall not mention. Because I hate this yarn store. Except for yesterday, I have never gotten anything but hideous service from one of their employees. However, they also carry one of the largest selections of Cascade lines in the Bay Area. I *knew* they would have Fixation in more colors. I was correct and now I'm going to try and forget it. So the end result of all this yarn shopping is ... I am NOT buying any more yarn until Labor Day. Hard to believe, I know. And what the heck am I gonna blog about?

But those people who know me, know how obsessive I can get. An obsession with tropical fish that resulted in seven fish tanks in a one bedroom apartment. An obsession with quilting that required almost daily trips to the fabric store for a "fat quarter fix." And let's not even get started on last year's obsession - horses. However, if you'd like to see pictures of Jewel, Monty or Lucy just ask.

Therefore, no more yarn until September. *Twitch*

And Then There Were Two ...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:13 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I use Fixation for Neatnik socks all the time.

    Oh, and April? This is called an obsession now, dear.

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger aija said…

    There are worse things to be obsessed with :)

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOOHOO A PAIR OF SOCKS!! GO YOU!!!!

    Enjoy wearing them :-)

    Yer OSP

     

Post a Comment

<< Home