The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Socks And Cats

More mailbox fun today ...

Vesper Sock Yarn in the colorway "TropiCali." Over on the Knitty sock forum people rave about this stuff so of course I needed to find out what all the fuss was about. It's very, very soft and the colors are nice and vivid. Will I like it as much as the Koigu? Who knows, I hope so cuz I LOVE Koigu. But maybe you already knew that.

Tonight was the weekly meeting of the Silicon Valley Stitchers. I took along one of my Sundara yarn cakes to test drive some patterns. Yes, I'm still searching. I didn't find anything at the meeting but when I came home I saw the Waterfall Rib pattern in Simply Sensational Socks. I think we may have a winner. Since I can't start the Sundara sock until Broadripples is done, here is a link to what (hopefully) the socks will look like when they're done. In a different colorway though. And in a different yarn if you want to get really picky.

The "Other" Tabby

This is Wilma, the most senior of my three kitties. Wilma doesn't get a lot of blog time because frankly, she hates me. Well perhaps hate is too strong a word. Endures my presence is more like it. Or maybe "suffers in silence." I adopted her almost two years ago because she's what the feline rescue world considers unadoptable due to her temperament. And she's older (9, maybe 10), she's missing most of her teeth and to top it all off, she has a fused spine. So it's kind of hard for her to get around. Which is why I have little steps everywhere so she can get on the bed, on the couch, on the coffee table, you get the idea. Wilma's favorite things, in no particular order are, 1) being left alone, 2) chocolate (no she doesn't get it, but that doesn't stop her from trying), 3) Whiska's Temptation treats and 4) my pillow, preferably without my head on it. She's just lucky she's got really cute feet or I woulda tossed her furry butt a long time ago. Seriously. Yeah.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Hmm, I own that book.
    I have lots of sock yarn.
    I like that pattern.
    I have two pairs of socks on needles and was already comtemplating a third (and a fourth actually - Neatnik wants socks, too).
    You are such a bad influence on me - in the nicest possible way, of course!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home