The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Bits And Pieces

There were a few things in the mail for me today, all purchased before I went on my yarn diet. Pinky swear promise.

A shade card from Knit Picks for their Gossamer and Shadow lines. I figured for $1.50 it would save me a lot of grief in the long run once my sock obsession is over and I go back to being obsessed with lace. And along with the shade card was one teeny tiny skein of yarn.

Knit Picks Gossamer in "Leprechaun." This will make a pretty scarf for the fall I'm thinking. Maybe the Oak Leaf And Acorn pattern. If I ever get to be that accomplished of a lace knitter. And if I ever become a scarf wearer.

Pugs, pugs, pugs, oh how I love pugs. When I was married I had a "chug" which is a cross between a chihuahua and a pug. She was the lovely fawn color that chihuahuas come in but her body was all pug. Her name was Fanny. My ex-husband made me get rid of her after she ate the hamster. OK, well she ate MOST of the hamster. She left enough pieces behind as to leave no doubt where the hamster had gone. I apologize if anyone is reading this while they're eating. I guess I should have put up a disclaimer. Anyway, I'm sure a pure bred pug wouldn't eat a hamster, it was probably the cross-breeding that did it.

And speaking of strange animals, here is the mentally challenged creature known as the "Furry Wiggleworm" just moments before falling off the dining room table.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:39 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Dorky cat! :o)

    Ate the hamster, huh?

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That made me laugh OUT LOUD. My cat has done that, too. And people say cats are graceful! Hardly.

    She would eat a hamster, too. But she wouldn't leave any of it. At least, she erases rats on a regular basis. Once she ate a vole while I was watching; it looked like watching a boa constrictor. Like the one in Little Prince that eats an elephant...

    but I digress.
    -Yer Pal.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Renee said…

    April, that Andy is a nutcase! And so cute. BTW, love the green yarn, it's beeyootiful!

    I had hamsters (and mice) for a while. Several years ago, I had a hamster that I named Stella. She should have been called Houdini. She got out of her cage the first night home. The next morning, I discovered she was missing. uh oh, I had 6 cats at the time! I did a quick search of the living room, and found her curled up asleep with my cat Charlie. Yes, I mean to say, cat and hamster, sleeping curled up together. Charlie woke up and looked at me, wondering what the big deal was. I scooped up hammy, put her back in her cage, and bunjeed it so she couldn't escape again.

    BTW, I always used to tell the kitties that the hammies were family, not food, and I guess they believed me.

    Renee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home