The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What Are The Odds?

Once again, the Yarn Gods are messing with me. I mean what are the odds that there would be a slight gap between the back of the cupboard I store my dishes in and the actual shelf the dishes sit on? And what would be the odds that when I put my sock in progress in there to hide it from Andy that one of my DPN's would slide down into said gap? I mean, come on now. Why is there a gap in my cupboard? Does this mean the whole thing is going to come crashing down in the near future?

Oh don't think it ends there. Of course it doesn't. What would be the odds that while I'm trying to fish the needle out of the gap that there should be a knock on my screen door? And in thinking that it was my neighbor I would feel compelled to yell, "Just a sec, I'm trying to get my needle." But it wouldn't be my neighbor, it would actually be the Sheriff? "Oh hi, I'm April and I'm an IV drug user, c'mon in!"

Fortunately Mr. Sheriff was more concerned in determining whether the man on the Most Wanted poster he was carrying bore a resemblance to my next door neighbor. As opposed to say, arresting me instead. Thankfully Mr. Most Wanted is not my neighbor. But you wouldn't be at all surprised if he was, would you?

Little Rune Sock

In recognition of trek's continuous sock knitting inspiration, my first "official" sock is one of her very own patterns. This is the Little Rune Sock which is for a little person. Little person meaning child, not midget. Unfortunately my self striping yarn really doesn't do justice to the pattern but I'll know better next time. I'm using Sockotta because hey, that was in my stash. 45% cotton, 40% superwash wool, 15% nylon. It's not bad, not fabulous. I'm using size US 3 because hey, that's all I've got in the way of DPN's. I've just started doing the heel flap. At least I *hope* I'm doing the heel flap.

Ralphie says,

"Oh my God, that's Cousin Eddie in that can of cat food!"

3 Comments:

  • At 5:11 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Too funny. BTW - the Little Rune is looking very nice.

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I told ya you had it down.. look at that fine sock start.

    A potpourri of DPNs are in process of winging their way to you... hang in there!

    Your Secret Pal

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Marie said…

    April, you never fail to leave me in stitches...pun fully intended! :)

    Hugs,
    M. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home