The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Real Men Have Afghans

According to my Crochet Pattern-A-Day calender today we are starting on a new and exciting project that is going to take us through the year! And, if we could get a little drum roll here, it is the Crochet Dude's Afghan! Yay, Crochet Dude! It is a very "dude-ly" looking afghan, if I do say so myself. Worked up in Lion Brand Wool-Ease CHUNKY. No goo goo sport weight baby yarn for this afghan. Nuh-uh. We've got CHUNKY. A total of 16 squares of testosterone in a variety of masculine motifs. I wonder if I could crochet a man to go along with it ...

Over at C'ville, I've joined the Summer Scarf Swap and am anxiously waiting to find out who I'll be crocheting a scarf for. I already have the pattern I want to make and this will be my first foray into the world of bead crochet. I am WAY excited. This is my very first Swap. Of course the only bad thing about it is I won't be able to post pics until my swap person has received the scarf I make. And we all know how much I love pictures. In fact, I am planning on purchasing a new digital camera tomorrow!

Speaking of which ... if you are currently digital camera-less and would like a used, but still operating digital camera of your own, please e-mail me at Sakkasie@hotmail.com . Because who really needs two digital cameras? Once again, this offer only applies if you are digital camera-less due to limited financial resources.

That's it for today, crochet fans.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    drool...
    http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202457703&adid=17662

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    That is a really nice thing to do with your old digital camera!

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said…

    How goes the testosterone ghan?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home