The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Knit One, Purl Two


Better? I think so. This yarn is from Nashua Handknits and is 75% wool, 25% alpaca. I got it at The Knitting Room (that makes 2 trips to The Knitting Room in one week) and was a very reasonable $8.50. I seem to have gotten the knitting bug again and thanks to my lovely ergonomic harness thinger I can knit practically pain-free. Now if I could just get Andy to stop chewing on the ends of my bamboo needles, life would be grand.


Here's the label from my all-time favorite Canadian beer. Which must mean it's time for another "Made In Canada" contest question. Hooray! Today's question is - who is the Canadian equivalent of George Bush, what is his official title and which political party does he represent? I know, that's actually 3 questions in one but the winner of this one gets a 16 ounce box of Godiva truffles. So it's worth the extra Google time. Post your correct answer in the blog, please do not enter if you've won in the last four weeks since we must be fair to everyone right? I'm so Canadian sometimes.

INVASION OF THE TABBY TOWER !!!

Wilma is NOT amused; Andy is, as usual, possessed.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aaaah! Godiva Chocolates!!!!!
    And I have some more weeks to wait! :)

    Can't wait to see who wins this!
    That purple is pretty.

    Amber

     
  • At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My google search came up with this:

    Canadian Prime Minister: The Right Honorable Stephen Joseph Harper, PC, BA, MA
    Party: Conservative

    Am I right, yes?

    I had a cat that looked just like Wilma named The Schnitz! So cute!

    ~Sue

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger April said…

    Hooray for Sue - she's our lucky winner of a pound of Godiva truffles. But since she can't eat chocolate she'll have to give them all to ME! Seriously though, if you'd like an alternative prize of equal value just let me know Suzy-Q. :)

     
  • At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oooh! Does that mean that it might be up for a prize later? :)

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi April,

    Love the pattern and color. Do you think that using circular needles would be easier on your pain? I was told that they caused less stress on the body.

     
  • At 5:13 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Poo - and I knew the answer too. At 8:11pm today.

     
  • At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The chocolate is fine -- I can eat it in small amounts, which is a good thing!

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    P.S. And, of course! I will share the chocolates with you!! Pray for no rain next Thursday night!!

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger April said…

    Sue,

    If it rains next Thursday, I'll come and pick you up. You've been away too long and we miss you. So there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home