The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Twilight Zone Day

Crap, I've already missed a day. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Now we all know how superstitious I am and how I'm forever looking for signs whenever I have to make a decision. Moving back to Canada is a pretty MAJOR decision for me. So I'm in some serious need of signs.

I haven't really devoted a lot of time and energy to finding a job in Canada. For two reasons. First, it's still another six weeks until I'm home. And secondly, well I don't have a place to live. I thought I'd go with the novel concept of living close to where I work. As opposed to living an hours commute away like I do now. But for some reason today I found myself perusing the job ads on Craigslist. I came across an Accounts Payable job in Cloverdale. I know how to do Accounts Payable but I'm more experienced with Receivables. And Cloverdale? Well when I lived in Vancouver, Cloverdale was farmland. It's where the cows lived. It's the boonies. Yet I clicked on the ad.

I'm reading along, blah, blah, blah, yeah I can do that, yeah, I've had experience doing that. Then I get to the bottom of the ad. Now generally speaking, job ads don't usually include the name of the person hiring for the position for fear of them getting bombarded with phone calls. Not so with this ad. And the name of the person doing the hiring is a girl who lived across the street from me when I was in high school. We walked to school together every day and were quite good friends.

Do I need to tell you that you could have knocked me over with a feather? People, what are the ODDS? But all along I'm still thinking, sure Carmena is doing the hiring but she's going to want someone soon. Nope. This is a brand new position. There's none of the "we need to get someone in here so the current person can train." We're having a Skype interview next week.

Of course nothing is certain and I may not even get the job. But still? This sign couldn't be more obvious if it was on a billboard, if you ask me.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:36 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    It's Fate, Kismet, Karma!! Good luck with the interview!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home