The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Mr. Owlandish

Here's my new assistant at work, Mr. Owlandish. He's more clever than about 95% of the people I work with. He was very easy to make although I did a horrible job attaching his feet. Which is to be expected since I finished him last night at 11:30. The pattern also had you make a crocheted beak which I obviously didn't. What can I say? I love to play with scissors and glue. The pattern was in Leisure Arts "More Cute Little Animals To Crochet." I can't remember how much it was, $10.95 or something? But it's well worth buying since there are oodles of cute patterns in it.

I've given up on the Dalek which was my WIP on Wednesday. It just wasn't working out very well. I'm thinking a bigger hook size might have helped since the fabric I was getting was reminiscent of steel. So into the garbage it went. I suppose I could have frogged it and reused the yarn for something else but the yarn was rather splitty and I hated it. Buh bye yarn.

In other news I returned the Mercedes-Benz to the dealership because my overly expensive ass pillow was not helping with my back / leg pain. I imagine I'm the only person in Mercedes-Benz history to return one of their cars because it made their butt numb. So I bought a 2006 Scion xA and I love this car with the heat of a 1,000 burning suns. More on that later. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! And if you'd like to see more Finished Objects check out Tami's FO Friday blog.

Oh and one other thing before I go. Blogger hates me and refuses to tell me when someone has posted a comment on my blog. So if I don't reply to your comment, it's not because I don't REALLY, REALLY appreciate it. Perhaps it's time to move to Wordpress. After 5 1/2 years it may be time for a change.

14 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Tami Klockau said…

    I love the owl, and IMO, I think this beak is cuter than a crocheted one would be. Sorry to hear about the Dalek and the yarn! Did they look at you crazy at the car dealership when you returned it? LOL, awesome you love your Scion!

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Owl: Love those eyes!

    Cars: Just because something is touted as more luxurious and costlier, doesn't mean it fits you (or me). Good call.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Vanessa said…

    Life is too short to be surrounded by splitty yarn!

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    OMG - your owl is the cutest thing ever!!! I love it!

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger Marushka C. said…

    The owl is adorable.

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Sam Findlay said…

    Shame about the dalek but I love that little owl!

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The owl is SO cute!! And I feel your pain, I've had jobs where I was pretty sure an amigurumi owl was more capable than at least 90% of my co-workers. :p

    I had problems with blogger and comments as well. . . That's the main reason I moved to wordpress, myself. (I was thrilled to see it has an import tool so you can move all your blogger posts over to your new blog. . . if you decide to do it.)

     
  • At 6:19 PM, Blogger Amanda Steves said…

    That's the cutest amigurumi I've ever seen--love those eyes!!

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG. I want one.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Crafty-Laura said…

    Hey! I love your owl, so cute! Thanks for your comment on my blog about the monsties- the pattern was a freebie from Ess-Haych, here's the address of her blog: http://esshaych.blogspot.com (Just search under free patterns). They're super easy to do and so much fun. Laura x

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mr. Owlandish is BEYOND adorable. He does, indeed, look quite clever and bright. ;-)

    I rented a Ford Escape last week (not my CHOICE, it's what they gave me). At the end of the week, my lower back was KILLING me! I was very glad to get back to the comfort of my Subaru.

     
  • At 4:07 AM, Blogger catsmum said…

    awwww love him - sweet without being mawkish. great job!
    oh and ps do you remember the jade Reynold's Alpaca I scored in your destash a couple of years ago ? 'T'is now a Meret and I loved using that yarn, so thankyou again :)

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Fabulous news that you Exterminated a Dalek!! Not many people can do that. The owl is so very cute and clever: I can tell.
    Happy new, new car!!

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Abby said…

    My gosh, he is so cute! Amigurumi is the only crochet I can do, and I might check out that book if the other patterns in it are as adorable as this one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home