The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, June 09, 2011

This Is It

So this is the new ride. A 2000 Mercedes-Benz E320. No, I didn't win the lottery or get a raise at work. In the almighty Silicon Valley, a Mercedes is no big deal. So they're quite reasonably priced. This little putt putt was $7,900.00, one owner, 75,000 miles.

And frankly it makes my head hurt and my butt hurt. It makes my head hurt because the owner's manual is 341 pages long. Power headrests? Are you kidding me? There are so many buttons and gadgets it's ridiculous. I've managed to program the temperature control so that it's always a balmy 72 degrees as I motor down the freeway but I can't figure out how to set the trip meter so I can see what kind of gas mileage I'm getting.

It makes my butt hurt because there's like no lumbar support. And with my laundry list of back issues that's a problem. Basically my butt and my foot go numb when I'm driving. It hurts. So today I went out and bought a pillow for my ass that cost a ridiculous amount of money considering it's a pillow for my ass. We'll see how it goes. Because really, it would be a shame to return it now that I've figured out how to open the gas door.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:52 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    You made me laugh out loud - which made my head hurt, but that's okay: you clicked my link!

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Wow, who would ever have guessed you could have a Mercedes for such a good price?? Good luck with all the knobs and buttons, I hope you get all the settings just right. I forget how to open my petrol cap because my new car only gets petrol once a month, so only 7 times so far. I pull up at the petrol station and have to really think hard!!

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous jen said…

    let the kids lose on the car they will have it figured out quick. then bribe them with ice cream to teach you. easy.

     
  • At 5:54 AM, Blogger Abby said…

    That is one beautiful car. I hope you can find a way to make your butt happy so that you can keep it!

     
  • At 2:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You are tooo funny! My youngest wants a Mercedes convertible. We tell her to start saving money and maybe when she actually turns 16 in two years she will have enough to buy an Owner's Manual!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home