The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Obsession Continues

I could probably blame Blogger's downtime last week for my fall off the blog wagon but I think i was just lazy. Or maybe my hands were sore from crocheting non-stop.

FO number one is the Hungry, Hungry Hippo. Through no fault of the pattern, I did not enjoy making Hilda Hippo. I made her nose too long so she keeps tipping over which is why she's supported by a tape measure in the picture. I also did a really craptastic job of sewing her head on. I could find no tutorials on sewing closed pieces to closed pieces so I winged it. Poorly.

Also, she seemed to go on forever. One of the reasons I put off learning amigurumi for so long is that I thought they were all teeny tiny and I thought they would be uber fiddly. Hilda is not teeny. She's not huge but she's not a two day amigurumi either. Single crochet in the round with an E hook can be tedious at the best of times.

And here we have Ugly Bunny. I had so much fun making him that he only took two days. Yay Ugly Bunny! I'm almost done with Ugly Bunny #2. I am getting far too much enjoyment out of choosing how to decorate these critters. It seems like every other day I'm going to the craft store for more felt, or buttons, or ribbon. Houston, we have a full blown obsession going on here.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Contrary to his name, Ugly Bunny is so cute!! HHH was a great game, but she is big!! I have trouble with my cork reindeer at Christmas, they're nose heavy too!! I glue a 20 cent piece under their back feet!!

     
  • At 6:44 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Zombie Apocalypse Bunny! Run!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home