The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Call Me "Elf April"

There is some crazed toy making going on at Chez Insanity. It's kind of like Santa's Workshop around here.

This is Glub The Goldfish. He was made for my boyfriend's eldest daughter who loves fishies. I used Red Heart *cringe* Soft yarn for this. And I hate to say it, but so far that's my favorite yarn for amigurumi. I've tried Wool-Ease, Vanna's Choice and Red Heart Super Saver and this is by far the best. It's not too splitty and it has a nice sheen. It also has a good beat and you can dance to it. You can also bend it to your will a bit. Bendable yarn, who would have thought? He was pretty simple to make and day by day my whip stitching improves.

Here's Bitty Bird #2. Nothing really special to say about him except I am once again reminded of how much I love red and black together. Still haven't figured out a satisfactory way to attach the wings in this pattern but I just bought "The Complete Idiot's Guide To Amigurumi" so perhaps enlightenment isn't far off. He went to the boyfriend's youngest daughter. See what I mean by not taking up amigurumi when there are multiple children around?

I didn't make this, Mother Nature did. Please welcome Lily and her sister Madeline (not pictured) to the fold. They will eventually be Brill's girlfriends. As I mentioned early last week Brill's girlfriend Tink passed away. Brill is very sad. But right now, Lily and Madeline are just teeny tiny babies. Brill ... not so teeny. I figure another 2 or 3 weeks and they should be able to hold their own. In the meantime I am having a blast with these two. Whoever fostered them did an incredible job because they are so comfortable with being held which is very uncommon with babies this young. And that's it for this lovely Mother's Day. I hope all the Moms out there had a relaxing and enjoyable day with lots of good food and PREZZIES!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:04 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Lily is inordinately cute!! I am glad you have some happy Rat Arrivals.
    Such a cute fish and the birdie is very pretty!!

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    I think I now have a cute burn.

     
  • At 3:14 PM, Blogger Spinster Beth said…

    I unapologetically use Red Heart to make house socks for me and my friends. It has its uses!

    Cute fish!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home