The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Hat. Just That.

This may go down in history as one of the most boring hat pictures ever taken. But the pattern wasn't boring at all, it was rather fun! This is The Swirl Hat (Rav link). I used Classic Elite's Liberty Wool again. The original pattern calls for fingering weight yarn but I didn't have any that was machine washable. So I used a U.S. 6 and worsted weight. And the hat came out the same size as if I'd used fingering weight. It's possible I'm a little tense these days.

I am proud to announce that I have gone all week without Internet access at home. My DSL bill is overdue and because of all the rattie vet visits in the last few weeks I ain't got the funds. And you know what? I really don't miss it. I thought I would go through severe withdrawal but instead it's been wonderful. I'm not checking everyone's Facebook status every five minutes, I'm not printing out patterns from Ravelry, I'm not checking Craigslist for adoptable rats. Instead, I'm gettin' stuff done. Like ... knitting. And spending time with the ratlets. And ... cleaning. I baked cookies. Honestly, I'd forgotten what real life was like. I could get used to this.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I totally understand, Labrador vet bills take precedence here too. I like swirly hats and that is very nice!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home