The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Knitting And Stuffs

Oh my goodness, actual knitting content. Here's Pinky modeling the Back To Basics Winter Hat. This was a very quick and easy knit. I made it for the Bundles Of Joy group over on Ravelry. They make baby stuff for one of the OB wards on the Reservation. Apparently they're having a baby boom on the Reservation lately so they need all the hats, mittens, socks and blankets they can get. I tried making a pair of mittens on the weekend but they're too tiny and fidgety. Me no likey. I think I'll stick with hats. I've already cast on for the second of these hats.

I made yellow paste in the crock pot yesterday. Actually, I think it was supposed to be Hearty Split Pea Soup. The flavor was very good, the consistency ... thick. Soup is not supposed to resemble pudding. The rats really enjoyed it though so it wasn't a total waste.

I adopted a little brown rat on Friday. His name is Moses. On Sunday I discovered a lump on his side. I think God is trying to tell me something.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:40 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh poor little Moses, I hope he is OK??
    Nice striped hat!! Babies like mittens with no thumbs, does that make them less fiddly??

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I remember the lump I found on my pet rat so long ago...I'll think good thoughts for poor Moses. Whatever happens, he is in a place where he will be well cared for!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home