The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Umm Yeah Here What

This has been an epic Monday which has left me a bit discombobulated. People not showing up at work, people showing up late, people not doing what I've asked them to do and then pretending they never heard me in the first place. It's all a bit much for the first day of the week. Not to mention that I lent my car to the boyfriend today which meant he had to drive me in to work. He is a chatty boy, the boyfriend. Even at 7 in the morning. So much for easing into the day.

Here is a random picture of Stevie who loves to play in the bucket in the bathroom. Behind him we can see the handle of the toilet plunger which is slowly being chewed in half by my beaver like rats. Isn't Stevie a handsome boy? I just love him to pieces, we have a great time in the bathroom (aka The Rat's Play Room). While we're on the topic of the bathroom I have finally discovered what is causing my leg to ache most painfully. Sitting on the nice hard linoleum floor while the rats play. I didn't do rat play time either Saturday or Sunday night and my leg is FINE. And before my lovely masseuse, Jen, yells at me ... Yes, Jen, you did tell me four months ago that sitting on a hard floor was the worst thing I could do. Now I need to find a chair small enough to go in my small bathroom or a really comfortable BIG pillow for my BIG butt to sit on. If anyone has any great suggestions, please pipe up. I can't not have rattie play time every night.

I made Zesty Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken yesterday with the help of the boyfriend's 8 y.o. daughter. She did a great job, it's too bad the recipe wasn't all that great. My sauce was a little on the watery side and the chicken was a bit overcooked. The kids liked it though and we made mashed potatoes which I consider a meal in itself so it all worked out. I also watched a Japanese horror movie which I need to write a review for. But not today, today is too confusing.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Jen said…

    Ha ha sorry you're still hurting. Get off the floor! A small step stool with a pillow might work.

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Anonymous =Tamar said…

    I agree - try a cushioned footstool.
    But try it first outside the bathroom, just sitting on it to see how long it takes before anything hurts. That way you can experiment with different levels of cushioning.

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Your Monday sounds like the day I had with my students today. Not a one of them could hush up and do their work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home