The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Today's Blog Post ...

... is brought to you by the Mission Santa Clara.

The boyfriend's son has to do a project on two California missions. It's due in two weeks and it hasn't been started yet. So yesterday we took a trip to Mission Santa Clara, home not only to a very lovely mission but also Santa Clara University.

I didn't have my camera yesterday so I had to go back today and snap some pictures. I figured since the kid had already been to the Mission this wasn't technically "cheating." Although maybe he should have been the one to take the pictures. Oh well, what do I know about kids and school these days?

The Mission is surrounded by beautiful gardens which made me quite happy since I love to take pictures of flowers.

Unfortunately my camera takes horrible inside photos so I can't show you how gorgeous the Mission is inside. However, if you live in the area it's definitely worth a visit. The Mission is very popular for weddings although from what I understand you have to be affiliated with the University in some way to get married there.

On the way home we saw a church with a sign that read, "Prayer - God's Wireless Connection Without Roaming Charges". I like a church with a sense of humor.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:49 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Well, if I was his teacher and he explained the circumstances I would be quite OK. A whole two weeks before it's due in?? That's pretty good.
    I'm not quite sure what a mission is though??? It is very beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home