The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Win Win

I got a few balls of Wool Ease today ...

... and Andy got a new box.

It (the yarn, not Andy) was on sale at JoAnn's online for $2.49 a ball, compared to $3.29 regular price at Michael's. When you factor in the cost of shipping, it wasn't that great of a deal. However, all the Michael's around here carry the same 10 or 12 colors. And trust me, I've knit at least one project out of each of those colors. I wanted some new colors, damn it!

So I got two balls of navy and seven other assorted colors. Even the pinks are different although they don't really look it in my crummy photo. I think I got enough to make a few hats. That's if I ever finish Hat #2 of 52 which is coming along rather slowly. Which is to be expected I suppose since I'm knitting it on US 2's with fingering weight yarn. What the hell was I thinking? If you're doing a challenge you go with the fast and the furious, not the tiny needles, thin yarn routine. Here it is January 14th, I've made one hat and no crock pot meals. I am a 2011 failure.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:19 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    No, 4ply does not a fast hat make!!
    Oh that's such a cute picture of Andy in his new box!!!

     
  • At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pretty colors! Were you able to use the coupon card I gave you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home