The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, January 07, 2011

A Whole Lotta Fur

I can now say I know what 1,000 rats in one place looks (and smells) like. Rats upon rats upon rats. Big rats, baby rats, pregnant rats, one eyed rats, happy rats, not so happy rats. They were all at Andy's Pet Store last night. It was mind boggling.

Everywhere you turned there were piles of rats all sleeping on top of each other in over sized cages. Then there were the single cages with rats who didn't share well with others. And the babies. OMG, the babies. Most only one month old. When they're that young they look like full grown mice. Little widdle faces with skinny tails and bright pink noses. How could I resist?

Well so much for that New Year's resolution. Although, all things considered, I think I showed remarkable restraint. I adopted two and the boyfriend adopted one. I got the guy in the crappy picture above, he is now known as Little Stevie. He is a beautiful dark gray color with that adorable white blaze. His brother, who is Mr. Acrobat, has not been named yet. He is an agouti capped guy which I know means nothing to most of you. Think brown head, white body. The boyfriend got a blue/gray boy he named Willard, which is a really stupid name if you ask me.

When I left home this morning they were both buried under the bedding in their cage. At one month, they haven't developed any kind of fear with regard to humans so it won't take long to socialize them. Not to mention the fact that it's absolute joy just to hold them and kiss those pink noses. I am such a failure.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:35 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh such a cute little ratty, naming things is such a big responsibility.

     
  • At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so proud of your restraint and you have many fun days to look forward to.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home