The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, October 22, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different

Books. Let's talk about books today. I have a lot of books. And a small apartment. It is VERY rare that I re-read books, simply because there are too many other good books to read. So they pile up all over my tiny, rat filled abode. And then I came across PaperbackSwap.com this week. Finally, an answer to my quickly running out of floor space problem. I can post my books on the site and people will actually take them off my hands! Genius! Of course I have to pay to mail them but media mail for most paperbacks is only $2.96.

For each book I mail out I get one credit. I can use those credits to request books from other people. Of course I don't really want any more books since I'm not even close to finishing the ones I have. But they don't have to know that. For those of you who DO want books you might want to look into joining (it's free to join). They currently have over four million books available for swapping. Yes. FOUR MILLION. The thing I like most about "the club" is that you can print off your mailing label along with postage and delivery confirmation right from the site. You just Paypal a couple bucks into your account and voila! Or you can print off your mailing label without anything but the address on it and go to the Post Office. But really, who the heck wants to do that? I'm telling you, pretty soon you'll actually be able to walk around in my teensy weensy place!

5 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Bron said…

    oooh I like the idea of a book swap!

     
  • At 6:05 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    This is too weird: I was talking to our pizza guy on Tuesday night and he was so impressed with my Kindle. I think I have him sold on one (Amazon owes me big time). He was saying how his wife is always on him for the number of paperbacks crowding up their place. Woman next to me in line piped up with PaperbackSwap.com!

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    A man with three buttocks. I'm sorry, I can't help myself.
    I find it very hard to make books leave the house. I love them all too much. You are very brave!!!

     
  • At 4:16 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    That is genius! I can't bear to part with the books I have, though. I'm like a hoarder with the books. I'll probably have a TV show soon...

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    How is the swapping going?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home