The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blerg 'n Blah

It would be nice if I got my act together and took pictures of what I'm actually working on rather than recycling pictures I took earlier this year. Let's pretend this is an apple tree in bloom since Fall is apple season. Then we can pretend that this photo is relevant. Sort of. I miss taking pictures but it's hard to take pictures when you can't stand up for any length of time.

So on Saturday I went to Michaels because I needed some chunky weight yarn for a hat I wanted to crochet. I took my purchases and went to the boyfriend's place and started on my hat. The hat began to grow. And grow. And then it grew some more. The hat started to look like a dinner plate cozy.

Apparently Lion Brand's Thick 'N Quick yarn is not chunky, it's SUPER CHUNKY. Or SUPER BULKY. I just assumed since they had either worsted weight or Thick 'N Quick that the T 'n Q was the next level up from worsted. It seemed a reasonable assumption to me. Wrong, wrong, wrong. In a way I'm actually glad I'm wrong though because that stuff is a mother to crochet with. It's THICK. Really THICK. And I bought three flippin' balls of it.

Needless to say, I won't be making anything with this yarn. I have a ball of dark grey, medium purple and brown. It can either sit in one of my Rubbermaid containers or it can go to your house. Want it? Leave a comment. But remember - IT'S NOT CHUNKY WEIGHT.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You can donate it to my charity knitting group?

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger April said…

    Cindy, consider it done. =)

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you, the ladies will love it. BTW, we have an evening meeting next Monday if you want to come.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home