The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

This Needs To Stop Now

I am an old person.

I thought I was fine. Granted my commute was an hour and 15 minutes going home tonight. And yes, I sat on a hard chair for two hours at knitting. But cripes on a cracker, is it too much to ask that I be able to walk around Bed Bath & Beyond for 10 minutes so I can buy a Contour Memory Foam Leg Pillow? Must I lurch around the store like Quasimodo?

Thank you to everyone in the store who pretended not to notice as I did something that probably looked like the "I gotta pee" dance while waiting for those two eejits to FINISH THEIR RETURNS so I could check out. And to the nice cashier who hardly batted an eye when I literally fell across her counter because I couldn't stand up anymore - thank you for pretending not to notice and instead simply asking, "Just a purchase this evening?" And then whispering hopefully, "Gosh, I hope this pillow helps."

You know you're an old person when you start to blog about your medical ailments. *Sigh* And with that I'm gonna go ice my ass.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:14 AM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I hope it helps. I just sit down on the floor when I can't stand up any more. There should be more chairs!!

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger K A said…

    next week try the couch seating at Panera...oh or bring a pillow? :)

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    :: sending you virtual painkillers ::

     

Post a Comment

<< Home