The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday Stash Show

There have been some additions to the stash over the last few days. I'm stockpiling scarf yarn in case there's a worldwide yarn shortage between now and December. Though I seem to have lost my scarf focus lately; today I cast on for a Baby Surprise Jacket. Maybe the new yarn additions will inspire me to go back to scarfing ...

As we can clearly see on the label, this is Wisdom Yarn's "Poems" yarn. It's 100% wool and reminds me of Noro without the thick and thin thing going on. Thank goodness, because varying thicknesses of yarn drives me insane. As well, this yarn is a lot less expensive than Noro. I'm not sure if the yardage is better, each ball of Poems yarn is 109 yards. I can't wait to see what this looks like knit up. I'm thinking the Yarn Harlot's One Row Scarf might be a good choice for a pattern.

This is one of the world's best buys in yarn and the only place I've ever seen it is at my local LYS, Green Planet Yarn. It's Shepherd's Wool and for $10.00 (maybe $10.50, I can't remember), you get 250 yards of the softest, loveliest yarn. And it's a worsted weight. 250 yards of a worsted weight for less than $20.00, how awesome is that? Not to mention it comes in about a bazillion colors. The coral looking yarn is actually bubble gum pink, thank you artificial lighting. I think combined with the purple, it'll make a cute little girl's scarf. I think Green Planet does mail order if you just had to have some of this. It's REALLY nice stuff.

And what makes it even better is that I had earned my $20.00 in store rewards when I purchased this yesterday so the two skeins cost me $0.99. Muhahahaha ...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Your Evil Laugh was well deserved!! Very nice wool and such a bargain too!! I am not so much enamoured of the thick and thin either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home