The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Horsin' Around

I'm hoping that the reason you decided to visit The Weaving Inn today is because you were dying to look at horse pictures. Because that's what we've got today and we've got 'em in spades.

My friend, Kat, needed a ride to the barn today so she could re-bandage her horse's legs. Twinkie took a tumble last week and is pretty banged up. Here he is, looking quite adorable. Kat and Twinkie compete in horsey events like barrels and reining and that kind of stuff. She's an incredible rider and Twinkie seems to enjoy himself too. Except for when he falls down.

This is Ransom. Also known as Handsome Ransom. He's an Arabian and seems to know that he's gorgeous. He belongs to Kat's mom. Ransom was having a bit of an attitude problem today. He'd been at a show all day and, upon arriving back at the ranch, wanted his dinner. Like NOW.

Here's our Twinkie having a conversation with a friend ...

"And then she tried to give me oat hay instead of alfalfa but I told her, "Biotch, that's not how I roll!"

Look, here's Vegas. Kinda looks like he's about to rip my face off, doesn't he? He'd been at the same show as Ransom and was obviously having "hunger issues" as well.

Last, but not least, what's a blog post without a chicken picture? I really like the way this picture turned out. Chickens aren't the easiest animals to photograph. But I do love me some chickens so I took quite a few pictures of them. I would absolutely love to have one as a pet but uhh ... yeah ... maybe not. I don't think chickens are really meant to be apartment dwellers.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Wonder how well the rats would get on with the poultry...

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I dream of having chickens...DREAM it, I tellya!!! I like the way they cluck and how they make eggs which I can eat or make into cakes. And also eat.

    I can't have chickens in a condo. But I can dream of them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home